Columbus, OH asked in Probate for Ohio

Q: if some 1 pass away and kids stop paying on house and dont want it, and its in probate how do you buy the house

the house is not in foreclosure

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew Popp
Andrew Popp
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Ravenna, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The answer depends on a number of additional factors. What is your relation to the deceased? Is there a Will? Are there outstanding debts owed by the deceased? Are you a named beneficiary or heir? There is a specific procedure for land sales in the probate process. If, and how you can acquire the house is going to require a deeper look. I suggest you sit down with a probate attorney who practices in the County where the residence is located to go through the details with you.

Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.