Q: Patent stolen and manufactured in china.

In the current company(Los Angeles, CA) I work at, my manager is cheating the company by manufacturing in china.

We have built couple of products and got the patent for them. We built a prototype using the same technology but in different package. I was part of the design team for the product.

We don't manufacture that product and its been sidelined completely. Only for me to find out my manager has taken it to china and started building and selling it. And has made a patent on his name. found out recently.

what can I do here in the US? so that I can claim my part in the patent.

1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Philip Cogan
Robert Philip Cogan
  • Intellectual Property Lawyer
  • San Diego, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Many pieces of the puzzle are missing. Is the manager working with a different company? Who is selling it? Does your company know? There are many more facts needed to determine if something is wrong here. If you are serious about the inquiry it would probably be necessary to get a consultation from a patent attorney

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.