Durham, NC asked in Bankruptcy for North Carolina

Q: How do I find the final result of my claim? I have the case number.

This is in reference to Daewoo motor america bankruptcy case from 2003 I have a claim in the case. I just want to know if there is a monetary decision to my claim.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cristina M. Lipan
Cristina M. Lipan
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Wantagh, NY

A: Looks like this was case number 2:02-bk-24411-BB (aka 02-24411) filed in the Central District of California 5/16/02. A plan was confirmed 10/8/03 and the case was closed 5/23/14, which means any payments for claims were already paid a long time ago. The deadline for filing claims was 11/18/02. If you did file a claim, it is possible your claim was objected to and you never responded, or perhaps the payment was made but lost somehow or went to the wrong address. In any case, it's probably way too late to do anything, but you can still research to see what happened.

You can access the docket using pacer.gov and you may need to pay to pull reports (although I think if you're under a certain amount, they don't bill you at all). You'll need to set up a pacer account. Alternatively, you could go to the court clerk to get the info, but not sure if they're open. You can go to the bankruptcy court's website to find out more information on how to access the docket: https://www.cacb.uscourts.gov/.

Lynn Ellen Coleman agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.