Bristol, CT asked in Family Law for Connecticut

Q: Hi, school psychologist in Bristol CT reported my children to DCF for neglect of medical care.

The information provided to DCF by the psychologist is false in that there has been no neglect. My wife has email correspondence from the school and DR’s offices of continued care for my daughters issue over the past several months, There is also false information in the report by the school psychologist. This is causing extreme unnecessary stress on my family, and children. Do I have any options to pursue legal matters in this situation? I spoke with the DCF representative assigned to my case today, she indicated there is clear miscommunication on part of the school and also thru her interview process inconsistent information has been provided to her. One example was that 1 school Admin has told the DCF rep that she has never seen me in a meeting (only my wife), while another school admin stated that they have seen me in meetings, which is the correct information. I have attended most, if not all of the meetings at school pertaining to my daughters health concerns in school.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Maya
Joseph Maya pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Westport, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: I am sorry to hear about your situation. To fully address your issue with DCF and your child's school, you will probably need to hire an attorney licensed to practice in Connecticut. I wish you the best of luck in the resolution of your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.