San Antonio, TX asked in Domestic Violence for Texas

Q: Can I sue to recover for damages and monetary funds from a Male withNarcissistic Personality Disorder

This male is an ex boyfriend who manipulated and used my past domestic issues to coerce me into giving him money and purchasing expensive items for him. We split up 3 months ago and recently I was diagnosed with am aneurysm.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can sue Santa Clause but it's no use unless the person you sued is able to pay if you win. But suppose he is able to pay... I'm not sure what the cause of action would be. You are considering suing someone with a mental disorder for the way they behave BECAUSE of their mental disorder? Anyway, to pull this off you would be wise to find a plaintiff's lawyer like those personal injury guys who sue insurance companies. I'm not sure they would be interested in filing against an individual unless your ex has a small fortune, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask.

Teri A. Walter agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.