Asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: On child support, my son has been living with me for 4 1/2 yrs. I have job insurance but she still gets support&Medicaid

What do i do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Tanaka
Jonathan Tanaka
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Harker Heights, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Thanks for your question! I would reach out to a family law attorney in your area (I didn't see a city listed on your question) so the attorney can review the final order with you and learn more about the facts surrounding your situation.

It sounds like you are wanting to modify the final order. That may be possible, but the attorney would need to learn more about what has happened since the final order, when it was entered, and what the final order stated.

Best of luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.