Hermitage, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: Can a Pennsylvania State Trooper run someone's plates and pull them over for no registration?

My husband was pulled over strictly for no registration. This was a complete oversight on my part. I thought I had paid it, but I can't find any proof I did. I didn't think they could randomly run someone's plates without reason? I've obviously paid it and got it up to date immediately and we have 10 days to respond. Are we stuck with the fine?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Yardley, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Yes that is common. Plead not guilty, go to court and show the trooper you got it fixed. Many times they will drop the ticket if you show proof. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.