Louisville, KY asked in Foreclosure for Kentucky

Q: Foreclosure how do u find it on docket.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nick Curtis Thompson
Nick Curtis Thompson
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: All the foreclosure files are at the county circuit court clerks office.

You check the progress on your case at the court clerk's office.

It is also available on line if you have access to courtnet.

The docket is normally published on the court website but there is also a paper copy in the courtroom

If the property is coming up for a sale the file is sent to the county commissioner.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.