Pittsburgh, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: I received a "Failure to respond to a citation" letter in the mail today. But was never pulled over or given citation

I called the number listed on the form to confirm and the woman on the other side said that the officer listed the citation as given to me, however I was never even pulled over or anything of the sort. I really don't know anything about this citation at all. I plead not guilty and am awaiting a hearing in the future but I just wanted to know what my next step should be. Is there any way they can legitimately charge me with this when I was never pulled over or given a citation at all? The citation is listed as "Meeting/Overtaking School Bus"

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Yardley, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You didn't says what the citation was for. You should consider getting a lawyer especially if the citation carries points with it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.