Round Rock, TX asked in DUI / DWI for Texas

Q: Hi, arrested for Dwi with child passenger. First time no previous record. Interlock required but I don't drive at all

How can I get out of the interlock ignition? I have a mobile interlock but I don't have a car & I'm not driving at all.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can file an affidavit with the court stating that you do not drive a vehicle and will not drive any vehicle unless and until that vehicle is equipped with with a court-approved ignition interlock device. Make sure you prepare and file the affidavit with the court within the time allowed for you to install the device in your vehicle.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.