Belleview, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: Who should I report Fraud of a legal document to?

My ex boyfriend, the father of my son, filed a lawsuit against me in regards to our son but he didn’t fill out the paperwork himself, his landlady did. And she didn’t fill out the “If a non lawyer helped fill out this form...” portion of any of the petitions. She admitted via text to filling out the forms and claims the fact that she didn’t fill out that one portion on all 11 documents was an oversight.... once or twice is an oversight, 11 times is intentional.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tom Murphy
Tom Murphy
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Subpoena her to the Court hearing so she can tell the judge. If the court hearing has already taken place, call the judge's judicial assistant and let her know, see if yo can get a re-hearing and bring it up to the judge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.