Boise, ID asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Idaho

Q: If cps has taken a child from me, and I'm expecting to have another child. Can cps take my 2nd child away??

What is the process to get my right back, and/or is it even possible in the state of idaho. I currently live in Oregon, my last case was in oregon.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: If you are in Oregon, why are you worried about Idaho CPS? How would Idaho CPS even know about the birth about to occur in OR? In order to get your child back from Idaho CPS, you need to get a "case plan," and follow it to the letter. If you do, you will get your rights in Idaho back to the child you left in Idaho. As far as Oregon is concerned, they won't even know about the Idaho case, unless they start a case in Oregon and someone tells them about the Idaho case. However, unless you come back to Idaho how are you going to work a program?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.