Tucson, AZ asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Arizona

Q: What should I file if the respondent in a custody case filed a response but never showed up to court? Default decree?

Default decree without a hearing

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randi Sirlin
Randi Sirlin
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I would need to know more about your matter in order to answer the question. In some counties in Arizona, you may set up an account with the court's electronic filing system. It is important that you enter into the registration system the driver's license currently on file with the Department of Motor Vehicles. You may find the court, on its own motion, defaulted the Respondent. If not, you will need to file a motion. You should contact an experienced family law attorney for assistance and if you are not satisfied with the court's own actions or inactions, seek out an experienced family law attorney who specializes in post-order motions and family law special actions and appeals to inquire as to whether you should seek relief in a higher court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.