Bronx, NY asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: I just got a speeding ticket from a local authority in PA this morning. The tickets says I was caught by hand held radar

The car was unmarked. There are no signs saying radar speed monitoring was in use. Is this legal?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Yardley, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Just for your information points do not transfer to New York, however the offense does and will appear on your driving record so it is worth it to go to court. You should enter a plea of not guilty and mail in the section of the ticket where you sign not guilty along with the fine and you will get a court date. Many judges will permit us to appear in court for you so it is possible that you might not have to come to Pennsylvania to go to court. There is no requirement that there be posted some police use radar. You should speak with a Pennsylvania traffic attorney as you only have 10 days to mail in the not guilty plea. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.