Asked in Juvenile Law for Louisiana

Q: What would the police do if I was to move out a month before i turn 18 years old? Would they send me back home?

(Louisiana)My dad is very mentally, emotionally, and verbally abusive. He is manipulative, and a narcissist. He doesn't take care of himself. I cook his meals every day, i wash his clothes, and clean his house cause he is too lazy. The house is falling apart, I don't think it will even last another year. There is mold all over in the house and the ceilings are falling apart. He yells all the time, he blames everything on me, he attempted to hit me a few times, he threw clothes baskets at me, he throws things, and alot more. My mother moved out cause he was physically abusive towards but she left me with him, I don't know why. He won't let me talk to anyone, not even my own family, not even my mom and my siblings. He wont let me go anywheres, only to the store. I have to take care of his responsiblites cause he "can't" do it which he knows he can but just too lazy.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Go move in with your mother and report any domestic violence by your father to the police.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.