Asked in Family Law and Civil Litigation for Kentucky

Q: I'm separated, We have a truck that's in both of our names. She stole my keys and won't let me use it. What do I do?

My wife and I are separated and have a truck that's registered in both of our names. She came to my friends house where I've been staying and when no one was saying it looking she took my keys and left. Now she won't let me use the truck. I'm unemployed and had to pass up two interviews and one doctors appointment. I mean that truck is my life line and she refuses to make arrangements so we can both use it. I mean I can't get a job with no transportation to an interview and if I was to even get a job, once again, no transportation! We've had the vehicle for a year and a half and I made every single payment on it pays the insurance every month on it. She don't work and hasn't for quite some time. So I pretty much had no choice but to pay the truck payment and insurance all this time. What can I do to get my truck back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Get the vin number snd have the dealer make another key for you. Secure the truck and key both if you get it back.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.