Miami, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: Dad said cop showed up at his job and said I (his daughter) am in serious trouble. They are doing an investigation.

Could this be true? Also I’m overage, why would they tell him?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tom Murphy
Tom Murphy
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Yes, it could be true. You can hire a lawyer to investigate the matter for you. If there is a warrant for your arrest then your lawyer can arrange with a bondsperson to have you do a 'walk-through' at the jail. A 'walk-through' is when you turn yourself in to the jail but the bondsperson has already posted your bond so you only spend a few hours in jail.

They probably asked your father because they could not find you and they figured he would tell you they are looking for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.