Branson, MO asked in Child Custody and Divorce for Arkansas

Q: my brother n his wife r getting divorced. were up visiting them, but ex is threatening to call cops cuz she wants her ba

they're still legally married. no papers have been filled. she wants full custody and my brother said no. we're just up visiting and she knows it. he still has contact and let's her know everything. she says she'll call the cops cuz she wants her back. will he be in trouble

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Lane Hughes
Richard Lane Hughes
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: If nothing has been filed-no formal proceedings commenced, they are simply parents of children and are on equal footing. They are charged with caring for those children under Arkansas Law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.