Colorado Springs, CO asked in Child Custody for Colorado

Q: My daughter is 17 years old. Her father has had sole custody since 2013. She contacted me, and has told me about abuse

She says they hit her 2-3 times per week. She has told me that they are getting drunk, and screaming at her everyday and she is suicidal. She says she will kill herself if she is not gotten out of there. I need emergency custody order to get her.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: I am sorry to hear bout your situation. You should file a report with the Department of Human Services and the police. You can file a Motion For a Restriction On Parenting Time however you will have to present evidence to justify the restriction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.