Waxhaw, NC asked in Construction Law for North Carolina

Q: How do we pursue a settlement against Lowes for kitchen remodel valued at over $30,000 paid for in full 8 months ago

Lowes sent an unlicensed installer to our house to rip out and install new kitchen cabinets and hood vent system. Various breaches of contract including massively subpar work, theft from our home, dangerous living conditions, multiple violations of code, all needs be ripped out and start over . It has been 8 1/2 months and Lowes has told us that our kitchen has to be all ripped out and started over the proper way. They have since fired the original installer. In the meantime we’ve been without a kitchen that meets code since October 2020. After cabinets were originally installed, we paid a different company to install countertops. Now that it is been discovered by Lowes that everything that they did is incorrect, they want me to pay for the countertops to be removed and stored and then for one section to have new ones cut and re-put back in my house. They want me to pay for this and then they say they will reimburse me once I sign the paperwork saying that the job is complete.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ben Corcoran
Ben Corcoran
  • Yadkinville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Talk to a local lawyer and start the process of filing a lawsuit, this will have to be in superior court and I would not attempt this without professional legal representation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.