Carmel, IN asked in Juvenile Law for Kentucky

Q: We live in ky. My son is 17 and plead guilty to two charges and was given 6 months probation and 120 hrs community

Service. He was charged as a juvenile. He failed a drug test and was placed in a boys home. The djj is failing him for probation violation and asking the judge to order him to stay in the home until he is 18 1/2. I was wondering if that's possible even though he plead and charged as a juvenile I thought when he turns 18 his juvenile record is expunged and closed and couldn't be held against him.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: In certain circumstances when committed, the court can retain jurisdiction until they are 19.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.