Q: Landlord owes us around 10k in repair credits, is dodging the subject, we owe him 6500 (2.5 months arrearages) severely

Harassing us,threatening, & bullying us. He breeched the lease in several areas, was supposed to supply electric to outbuilding, has not, refusing to pay credits when He either refused to do the work or sent his maintenance guy out here to start projects last May, & never returned. When we went to exercise our right to purchase he violated executive order 106 by saying that because we’re behind in rent he will not entertain a purchase price until we catch up. Then when I said I was going to run the electric myself he responded by three project walks & nothing still, & told me in email that I should be spending my money on keeping rent current not projects mind you these are project he’s failed to do & are part of the lease. Is in breech for no CO ontained verified with Upper Pittsgrove Twp, has caused me medical documented severe emotional distress & now is filing evection yet he owes us more this is a 3-400k case can I get pro Bono?

1 Lawyer Answer
Morris Leo Greb
Morris Leo Greb
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Rockaway, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Make an appointment with Legal Aid to determine whether you qualify. Call your County Court House for information about contacting Legal Aid.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.