Homewood, IL asked in Criminal Law for Illinois

Q: Would you recommend going to trial? Fighting aggravated battery to a peace officer

On July 4 2019 I was charged with an Aggravated to a police officer in the most surveillanced part of Chicago (Navy pier). First, I ordered a copy of my FOIA police report, and it stated the detective showed up to get the videos. The person who was in charge of handling the videos said he was able to see the footage for himself, but the detective just wrote down "They have trouble downloading". I thought at first Navy Pier had the most secure videos in the world. Second, the police officer who was there that seen the whole altercation wasn't included in the report and when asked the officer said "we forgot the name of the P/O". Lastly, the police officers all had on the same safety vest the paramedics and the security was wearing without identifiers on the front. This fact will have to be brought up through cross examination, but can I get the video manager to show up to court without it being hersay.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alan E. Jones
Alan E. Jones
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Waukegan, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: I recommend reviewing this issue with your attorney to determine the best answer. If you don't have a good local Chicago-area criminal defense attorney, then you should get one for this case. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.