Rocky Hill, CT asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Connecticut

Q: If my case manager was in love with me and I dropped her and she is now creating me problems and I have proof What can D

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David H. Relkin
David H. Relkin
  • Arbitration & Mediation Lawyer
  • Manhasset, NY
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: I can answer your problem with an experience of my own. A Case Manager refused to promptly supply a replacement Arbitrator. He simply became unavailable. Two weeks passed without any responses to my demand that he supply three new names for the parties.

Every Tribunal has an administrative hierarchy. At the end of the second week I found the Head of Administrative Supervision who oversaw the duties of the Case Managers and spoke to her over the phone. (I chose to do this so that there would be no initial stain on the Case Manager's reputation.) I explained my problem without frustration in my voice and asked her to see if the Manager was out of the office or had some other unexpressed reason for neglecting the appointment from the Roster--perhaps the Roster was being updated. (I offered suggestions that did not destroy his reputation.)

On the following Monday I got a call from the Administrator. She had appointed a new Case Manager and I had a list of three potential Arbitrators.

If you would like to discuss the matter, please give me a call. David H. Relkin

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.