Magnolia, NJ asked in Personal Injury for New Jersey

Q: Neighbor shut door on my finger on purpose, I need reconstructive surgery, can I get pain and suffering?? Or something?

I thought I heard her bf slap her during arguing, I ran and said 3 words are you ok .. She cursed me out telling me to mind my own f**n business go the f home I started walking to my door opened it got on inside of apt and here comes her cousin Elijah whom is also a tenant and slams my door and door hit me in my head I fell back hit head HARD on steps, I opened door to tell him because I have epilepsy and he knows that because I'm friends with his girlfriend, then here comes that woman I asked if she was ok walking into court yard, his cousin,, I guess thinking I was saying something about her, she walks up to my door all while I'm behind my door on inside of apt but it's open about 3 inch, and Elijah Was standing in front of my door outside, she is now in front of Elijah acting as if she's gonna come get me THROUGH Elijah AND THROUGH THAT DOOR!!

Then Elijah slammed THAT DOOR so hard because she was slamming her big body against his on my finger It's fractured, tendons and muscle rip

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter Briskin
Peter Briskin
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You can most certainly seek compensation for pain and suffering in addition to other damages. The real question that needs to be explored is whether or not there will be a path to recovery. Specifically, are the individuals we are seeking recovery from insured? Do they have assets from which a judgment can be satisfied?

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.