Nashville, TN asked in Immigration Law for Tennessee

Q: Expedite request for green card application

Hello , me, my husband and my 3 years daughter came to US two years ago and applied for asylum and got approved , after one year we submitted our green card applictions and still in process , during these two years i had severe depression and i committed suicide this month , can i apply for expedite request for my greencard application with my medical records during my stay in the hospital so i can travel and visit my family or it is not a good reason or it can affect my case in a bad way

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: If by travel to visit your family you mean return to the country from which or are requesting asylum, that is not a good idea. The government will question whether you really have a credible fear of returning to your country. You might consider applying for a refugee travel document and meet with them in a third country. Consult with an immigration attorney to see how to do this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.