Baton Rouge, LA asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Louisiana

Q: Can adoptive mom give a child back to birth mom after 11 years of adoption the birth mom has never met the child

The lady adopted the little girl who is 11 and her brother who is 13 both special needs due to drug use during pregnancy bow she says shr cant handle them both and wants the birth mom to take the little girl back the adoptive mom is rich and the birth mom is only five months sober this time she has gotten all the way to 4 years at one point but she also has another child who is 14 and lives with his grandmother and another son who is 8 who lives with his father do you think she will be able to regain custody of the little girl from the adoptive mom even if the adoptive mom wants to give her back will the court allow that you think? And please dont say hire a lawyer please give me a real answer thabk you for your time

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: No you can't return a child like a puppy to the pound.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.