Ann Arbor, MI asked in Divorce for Ohio

Q: I was married 35 years. Divorced 10/09/19. The last five years of our marriage we lived in a house owned my my in-laws.

There is a transfer upon death order to my ex when his father passes.

Our divorce papers state when that happens my ex owes me 50% of the equity value at that time.

My ex is currently in the process of buying the house for what his parents owe. His attempt to not have to pay me something between 20 and 30 thousand.

What are my options or am I just left with nothing?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh

A: You should contact a family law lawyer in your area to discuss this and the entirety of the division of your property between you and your ex-----you need to know what's available to you and your options. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.