Drexel Hill, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: If I’m in an accident and after we called the police to the scene to report it. I received a ticket for follow to close.

Do I need a lawyer to fight the ticket? Even if the police officer didn’t see me driving

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Yardley, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: It is a 3 point offense that could affect insurance. Also if you do get points and receive another ticket in the next year, the points add on and you could be facing potential suspension if you go over 6 points.

The office can file a ticket on information received but they will need a witness to come to court to prove it.

Getting a lawyer can help in either getting the case dismissed or if no, possibly getting it amended to something with no points. Also, some judges will let your lawyer appear for you so you might not have to attend the court hearing.

Follow the instructions on the ticket and plead not guilty. Start calling attorneys as many of us will give a free consultation over the phone. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.