Fort Mill, SC asked in Family Law and Child Support for South Carolina

Q: Hi my brother in law is behind in child support from 2 of his exes.... the main problem here, is that for one case, the

mother is, i believe, incarcerated and also the 2 girls are above 18 yrs of the 2nd case his other 2 kids with a different mother, she no longer has them, and she never let him talk to or see their kids just to be cruel....he needs advice bc the lady at family court told me that he needed to get a lawyer or he would have to be dealing with this the rest of his life. Sorry i told him to write u bc he knows more details of his situation but i guess he has been too busy?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Megan Hunt Dell
Megan Hunt Dell
  • Charleston, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: He needs to seek a consultation with a lawyer experienced in child support cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.