Peru, IN asked in Admiralty / Maritime and Adoption for Indiana

Q: Can I get a case reopened when it did go in front of a judge and my rights was took and my children was adopted out

And I lost my rights when I was in jail and now I got a job and better myself my rights got took in 2020 and I been out of trouble and clean for a year so is there a way I can get them back

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Maritime Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Your question remains open for two weeks, probably because the Admiralty/Maritime heading you included got in the way of the main issue, which is adoption. Try reposting again, and only choose Adoption and Family Law as categories. If you still don't receive a response, you could reach out to attorneys you find through your own searches or through the Find-a-Lawyer tab above. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.