Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Admiralty / Maritime legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Indiana Admiralty / Maritime Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Admiralty / Maritime, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Indiana on
Q: Is this a remedy in a criminal matter ?Conditional Acceptance, Motion for Discovery, Motion to Dismiss.

Plus taking the exposition of pleading guilty to the facts but not to a crime. This also requires them to PROVE their claims, produce first hand witnesses or injured parties, and require them to prove their bonding information, among other things

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Dec 10, 2021

An Indiana attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for a week. There are a number of terms presented here, and the context is not fully clear as to whether they pertain to criminal or civil elements of a legal matter. The admiralty/maritime connection was not readily apparent from... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Admiralty / Maritime and Adoption for Indiana on
Q: Can I get a case reopened when it did go in front of a judge and my rights was took and my children was adopted out

And I lost my rights when I was in jail and now I got a job and better myself my rights got took in 2020 and I been out of trouble and clean for a year so is there a way I can get them back

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 19, 2021

Your question remains open for two weeks, probably because the Admiralty/Maritime heading you included got in the way of the main issue, which is adoption. Try reposting again, and only choose Adoption and Family Law as categories. If you still don't receive a response, you could reach out to... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Admiralty / Maritime, Libel & Slander, Civil Litigation and Elder Law for Indiana on
Q: If you fill out a personal check wrong is it a crime? Can someone turn it around and make it a crime?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Mar 10, 2021

If someone made innocent errors in filling out a check, it would not generally be considered crime. If the errors were material and they were deliberately made with the intent to deceive the payee or to deceive the financial institution, those could amount to crimes, depending on applicable... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.