Asked in Family Law and Child Custody

Q: I have 2 children born out of wedlock in south africa I am the mother

I have supported them since they where born. I got married not to my children father and my husband supports my children the only thing my ex pays is my son school fees. He now wants my son only doesn't care about my daughter. My son is 13 how can I prevent this from happening we never went to family court. Only to maintenance court and nothing came of it because he was unemployed everytime I go. He is not married but living with his girlfriend please help me he is going to abduct my child.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: If you honestly believe that your ex is likely to abduct your child, you need to go to family court immediately. You can’t simply deny him the right to see his child, but you can’t risk the child’s safety, either. You need a court-approved visitation plan.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.