Palm Bay, FL asked in Military Law, Adoption and Child Custody for Florida

Q: My wife is a disabled veteran and has 9 year old daughter. We are looking to try for me to adopt her

The father has not been in her life since she was 1, and has had no contact nor attempted to contact her. I understand that these kind of adoption can cost quite a bit, and given my wife's disability, we don't have that kind of extra money. So I'm asking if there are any pro bono attorneys for veterans or disabled people that are trying to do an adoption like this. Thank you

1 Lawyer Answer
Tami Lane Augen
Tami Lane Augen
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • West Palm Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You can actually do this without an attorney if you are unable to locate a pro bono attorney. Here is the link to the forms from the Florida Courts website:

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.