Granbury, TX asked in Stockbroker Fraud for Texas

Q: Problem with investment group. Need to get money owed but SEC involved. Now what?

Have a contract with group. Hired a lawyer previously, but because amount owed was below $150,000, they did not advise to pursue through court. How do I get my money?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard  Frankowski
Richard Frankowski
  • Stockbroker & Investment Fraud Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You should look at the contract you have with your investment group. Most firms include an arbitration provision in their contracts. If your firm is regulated by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), you likely will have to pursue any claims in a FINRA arbitration. I hope this helps you. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.