Newark, NJ asked in Criminal Law and Constitutional Law for Massachusetts

Q: I've been charged with possession of guns that were stolen in another state, then transported to Massachusetts

With no details of how the guns were transported, by whom or when and only the knowledge of their location, no evidence of physically having possession of them how an I be charged with possession?

1 Lawyer Answer
Dakota Martin
Dakota Martin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Is there a warrant? Have you been arraigned? If you have a lawyer, he or she can answer that question.

If you’ve not been to court but found out about the case, you really should show up with a lawyer. Especially if you are from out of state. I know that doesn’t answer your questions but understand that you are not facing the facts. You are not facing the truth. You are facing what the police report says “happened. “ our job as lawyers, often times, is to show what really happened.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.