Loveland, CO asked in Domestic Violence and Family Law for Colorado

Q: There is currently an active case for abuse against the husband of my sons mother for abusing one of my sons siblings

She is now wanting to exercise her parenting time for the summer. Am I still required to send him to her house for the summer.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: I am sorry to hear about your situation. Everyone is obligated to follow the court order in existence. If a modification or an emergency restriction is needed, then it is necessary to file with the court to make the change if there is already an order in existence,

John Hyland Barrett III
John Hyland Barrett III
  • Louisville, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Generally, you need to comply with the court ordered/approved parenting plan UNTIL AND UNLESS the court changes the parenting plan. If appropriate you can file a motion to restrict parenting time IF the child would be in imminent danger. The court will schedule a hearing within 14 days to decide this. You should get a lawyer to help you with this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.