Elkridge, MD asked in Animal / Dog Law for Maryland

Q: Can you help me? I have video footage of a resident bringing his dog into my yard, walking along my house to pee/poop.

The resident has entered my property on multiple occassions and my Ring camera captured the incidents. The residents (a female, young male and older male), come to my property at different times. The footage I have shows the dog walking along the side of my house (almost on the bricks) from my garage to my backyard (almost under the deck), then walking around in my backyard. There are dog elimination stations within our community, but they bypass them and bring the dog straight to my house. I should not be picking up poop or smelling pee near my garage, air conditioner or under/near my deck. I want the resident to stop and have notified my HOA of the issue and they deferred me to Anne Arundel County Animal Control. I am filing out an affidavit of complaint and will have it notorized soon for submission next week. I do not know this resident, have never communicated with them, but I want this behavior to stop and I want them to never be allowed near my property.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley
  • Rockville, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Serve them a written notice not to come onto your property or you will have them charged with trespassing. You do not need a lawyer for this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.