Hampton, VA asked in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Child Custody and Education Law for Virginia

Q: medical malpractice, failing to give proper diagnosis

As a Single Mother of 4 children who all have lifetime disabilities including myself. Lets start with Myself. I was finally approved from the SSA with having a diagnosis of OCD, Bi Polar II disorder, PTSD, Depression, Social Anxiety, Other mood disorders, Autism spectrum disorder and Schizophrenia. My son was Misdiagnosed by Developmental pediatrics at the children hospital of the kings daughter in the year 2018 he was given every trait and diagnosee of autism except the proper diagnosis after telling the doctors since he was 2 years old. They didnt believe me, I knew had it because I saw me inside him. He is my Teddy Bear I love him. My son was also misdiagnosed by gatewood peep which is a school for special education students which goes hand in hand with the board of education for special education in Virginia, again denied services saying he doesn't have it, this being the second or third education application into the school. Me and my family, most impor

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Virginia attorney could respond best, but your post remains open for two weeks. You provided lots of detailed information. In reading your post, it looks like the central issue is eligibility of your son for a Special Education program... and a misdiagnosis was involved. If that is correct, one option could be to discuss the matter with an attorney who deals with education law matters. If the school provided paperwork for their determination, that could make the most out of a consult. Since education systems are governed by state, regional law, or district laws, a local attorney could offer more meaningful guidance here. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.