Mckeesport, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: Officer told me to just “appeal it” when cited for an expired registration. What did he mean and what should I do?

I was ticketed for “Operating Unregistered Vehicle” as it was expired by a few months and had slipped my mind. I pulled into a gas station 5 minutes after the stop and updated the registration on my phone. He also let it slide that my inspection stickers were expired (very nice guy). He said to just “appeal it” in court and everything would be fine. Figured he was trying to cut me a whole lot of slack. On the letter of the summons I received, however, the wrong license plate is written. Also, on the citation itself, the wrong color of the car is written. I don’t know if these are the reasons I should be appealing against this or if I should just show up and say its been taken care of.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Kraeer
Timothy Kraeer
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Pottsville, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: It's likely if you appear in court with proof that the issue has been resolved, the citation will be withdrawn. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.