Milan, TN asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Tennessee

Q: My aunts arm has been broken for the past 3 months of her going to doctors. Now they say there nothing can b done

She has not been able to feel, move, or sit up. She has been in the worst pain imaginable going to Drs and they didnt see it kept saying they didn't know why she hurt. On top of that her cancer came back

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Tennessee attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for a week. I'm sorry for what your aunt is going through. There wasn't a question here, but if you're wondering whether this situation provides your aunt with any legal recourse, it isn't possible to give meaningful input based on these limited facts. In terms of broken arms, there's a wide range of fractures covered in that basic term, ranging from minor to catastrophic. And based on what you describe, the staff did not fail to diagnose the condition; they only advised there is nothing they could do. That could very well be the case. Only a medical professional is qualified to make a judgment there. You could reach out to Tennessee attorneys in your area to discuss. They could request the file to review with a medical professional if they felt it warranted further investigation. Good luck, and I wish the best to your aunt in triumphing over the cancer.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.