Washington Dc, DC asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for North Carolina

Q: Family member flaccified documents that I allowed him to stay at house I own for free, used copy paper and my signature

This family member is on tourist visa and trying to stay in US... I did not sign anything and don't want them in my house. What should I do in this case? what statue applies? I am a US citizen and own house for 4 years.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery

A: Hire an attorney to prosecute an eviction action. It is doubtful that the occupant will want to present forged documents in Court. Even if he does, he has not paid rent, and the documents are probably irrelevant to possession.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.