Q: Please help the state has temp custody of my 4 kids all based off of lies how do I prove myself immediately

the state dept of cps in Nebraska is wrong for removing my children based off of a lie which I can prove it to be such with many forms of proof. Please help im helpless my kids are suffering if facts were revealed they had no reason for removal upon several.otjer issues at hand

1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: When a child is removed from a parent due to allegations of abuse or neglect, the parent will be appointed an attorney at the first hearing if they can't afford counsel. If you can't afford an attorney, you should request an attorney appointed and then speak with the attorney about your best options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.