Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nebraska Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Nebraska on
Q: What do I do?

I have farm plates currently ony pickup and that is how it has been since I've gotten it. I haven't moved or nothing. I have chickens and move livestock very frequently but county keeps using the excuse that I need to own farm land in able to get farm plates

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Feb 16, 2023

Using the vehicle for moving livestock isn't the only qualification for having farm plates. Farm plates are available to other than just the owner of farm land. You will need to review the criteria for farm plates and see if you qualify. The rules have been modified over the years so it is... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Probate for Nebraska on
Q: So I’m not sure who to ask or what to do but I inherited a car from my dead mom. She did not have chance to get it titl

It titled - and the bill of sale is gone. How can I get the car in my name? Not sure who she bought it from

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Dec 7, 2022

If this is a Douglas County matter, there is information provided online to assist with such transfers by the Douglas County Treasurer.

If the title owner of the vehicle is not clear, an action may need...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Family Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Nebraska on
Q: Please help the state has temp custody of my 4 kids all based off of lies how do I prove myself immediately

the state dept of cps in Nebraska is wrong for removing my children based off of a lie which I can prove it to be such with many forms of proof. Please help im helpless my kids are suffering if facts were revealed they had no reason for removal upon several.otjer issues at hand

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jun 18, 2021

When a child is removed from a parent due to allegations of abuse or neglect, the parent will be appointed an attorney at the first hearing if they can't afford counsel. If you can't afford an attorney, you should request an attorney appointed and then speak with the attorney about your... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Nebraska on
Q: Do i have rights to leave a treatment program and choose one that is best for me if i was not court orders

Im on probation and my out patient counsoler recommended me for intensive Outpatient Treatment because I missed a few classes I also missed one of those so she then in turn contacted my probate probation officer and told her that I need intensive outpatient treatment she's and made me go to a... View More

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Sep 27, 2020

If there is another treatment program that is a better fit and the person has been accepted into that program, then it is possible to transition a person from one program to the other. The person would want to coordinate with the probation officer to make sure they are also aware of the transfer... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Nebraska on
Q: Is 60-6,108 applicable to driving over the legal alcohol limit on private property, unavailable to the public?

I am researching a case, State v. Grutell (Stanton County) and I am wondering if 60-6,108 (Nebraska) would be applicable here.

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jan 30, 2020

If you are looking for case law regarding the interaction between Neb. Rev. Stat. 60-6,108 and DUI's in Nebraska, you may want to read State v. Pester, 294 Neb. 995 (2016).

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Nebraska on
Q: Is there a grace period for vehicle registration after dealership transit sign has expired in Nebraska

I'm not sure which topic it falls under except state or government laws

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Aug 12, 2019

In Nebraska, you have 30 days from the date of purchase to register your vehicle and pay sales tax. You need to have insurance on your vehicle before you drive off the dealership lot.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Nebraska on
Q: Arrested for missing court and released on bail set without personal appearance. Is this challengable

Apparently being pro se and trying to rescedule court on further hearing activated a warrant and upon my arrest it was without my appearance a bond was set two days later but i wasnt notified in jail for 6 days. Originally out on own recognance, seems it was staged for cash bond

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jul 24, 2019

There isn't enough information to answer. It could be. It is common for a party to sign a paper with the next hearing date when released. Sometimes people don't even remember or really notice the hearing date when they sign this. This isn't mandatory and there are also other ways... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Nebraska on
Q: How much time does a judge have to make a ruling on a supression hearing misdemeanor charge?
Brendan Michael Kelly
Brendan Michael Kelly
answered on Aug 2, 2017

While there is no set time limit, unless the party is in custody delays of months would likely be acceptable. The forcing the court to rule is not an real option since it will likely result in a denial by the court. The defense cannot even appeal the ruling until the defendant has been sentenced.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.