Morehead, KY asked in DUI / DWI and Insurance Bad Faith for Kentucky

Q: I sold my car and they never transfrerred the title and got a DUI. No tags or insurance on the car. Can i get in trouble

My mother had a vehicle that was in my name that I wanted back for my wife to drive so we traded my mother my wifes vehicle (in her name) to my mother for the vehicle that was in my name. My mother sells my wifes car to my wifes parents and her stepdad got a DUI in her vehicle. We tried to get them to take it out of my wifes name but they never did. we ended up having an argument with them about private matters, one being to get the car transferred, and havent heard from them since April 2021. My wife is suppose to be served papers to testify for her stepdad sunday June 13, 2021. (The sheriff stopped by the house and spoke with my mother about a time my wife would be home)

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Yes. DUI, no tags, no insurance convictions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.