Gilbert, AZ asked in Child Support for Arizona

Q: My child is 17 moved out and is demanding her child support go to her directly.

I did not approve her to move out but she will not come home.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter W Davis
Peter W Davis
  • Mesa, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Arizona child support does not belong to the child. It is not her right to receive it, though the other party could potentially file a modification to change or reduce it. Further, in certain cases where the State is involved, if the child is out of the house the child support paid can be re-directed to the individual who is watching her. There are several factors to this, and most attorneys provide a free consultation to discuss these.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.