Covington, GA asked in Child Custody and Probate for Georgia

Q: My sons grandma has temp guardianship, it was to help me until I got back on my feet she now refuses to give him back

I have my own house my own car , I have a job I’m able to provide. She’s being spiteful and doesn’t want to give him back to me. She manipulated me into all of this & then once I figured out what she was doing I asked her if I could have my son back. And she told me that I needed to have her served so she could tell the judge her concerns. Not really sure what those are because she wouldn’t tell me. She’s very manipulative & tries to play the system so she wins. I could really use some advice.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael D. Birchmore
Michael D. Birchmore
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Given that you have described this person as you did, the best advice that I can provide is that you should retain an attorney to assist you in this matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.