Philadelphia, PA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: See why yes did find me on found it in this alleged allegation, but I still had criminal charges. What do I do next.

I just can't understand f c y s investigated if found it unfounded, but the police department saying that still charges. My understanding the same information that was given to c y s was giving to the police and I do understand the police has more resources just want to know what is my next step or what can I do to beat this case

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan L Hyde
Ryan L Hyde
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Exton , PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: First, C & Y has a very different burden of proof than the police. Often times they come to different conclusions. Your attorney will be able to review their file to see if there are issues you can use in their defense. Because of the different standards it is not unusual for one agency to take steps that are incongruous with the other agency. Your best best to beat any allegation, is to immediately get an experienced local attorney working on your case. Evidence can change or be lost especially in this type of case. So the sooner you have an attorney the better their ability to help you get a satisfactory outcome.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.