Fort Myers, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: Cop called cuz my father in law pushed me DCF came next day & took my kids over THC & then she lied on papers horribly

saying we refused in home plan multiple times (not true AT ALL) & that our house is unsafe for the boys but she never EVER tried to come into my home she lied saying I had no pills for my prescription but they arent even pills to begin with She never counted my prescription the only thing talked about was THC. its been over a month since boys were taken & caseworker is now trying to get boys back home with us cuz in-home plan wasnt offered! Caseworker did a count-spot on! did a drug test-passed! inspected my home-passed! she actually loved my home Can I sue investigator or do something cuz she cant go around taking kids away & lying on her paperwork its not right & crazy they can take the kids over THC Do they get commission for kids removed from homes? Cuz there is absolutely no reason she shouldve done what she did My caseworker is lost as to why theres a shelter Now they want my full medical records is that even legal? My doc will write a letter but not good enough. Please help?!?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tami Lane Augen
Tami Lane Augen
  • West Palm Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If the children are sheltered, then there should be a determination as to whether or not the children are dependent. You need to speak with an attorney who can assist you with the juvenile dependency case. If, however, you have agreed to an adjudication of dependency, then you are in the system and need to comply with a case plan.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.