Mount Gilead, OH asked in Estate Planning for Ohio

Q: I want to file my will with the Morrow court. I need an application form. I don’t know how to get the form.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew Popp
Andrew Popp
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Ravenna, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: There is not typically a form to complete. The statute describing the process is at Section 2107.07 of the Ohio Revised Code. That being said, I don't practice in Morrow County and they may have something for you to complete. Your best option is to call the probate court and ask. The clerks there are typically very helpful and can refer you to what is needed.

Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.